What is it
Tiggly Words is a set of vowels that interact and make Tiggly iPad learning apps come alive. They can be used alongside 3 free apps:
- Tiggly Tales allows children to explore consonant, vowel, consonant (CVC) words in a fun and engaging way. Children enjoyed using the magnets to swap the consonants and then choosing a vowel sound for the middle. The element of humour was there throughout with fun animations for each of the words.
- Tiggly Submarine is set in an underwater world, and helps develop children’s working knowledge of how vowels are used in the spelling of words – a vital building block for reading and writing.
- Tiggly Doctor gets children to use their phonic knowledge throughout the app as they build verbs and expand their vocabulary, while treating patients with various ailments.
Tiggly Words and apps are designed for children aged 4+ years old. They are made out of high quality materials, are visually appealing, soft to the touch, and a weight that’s just right. Soft silicon sensors on the bottom of the letters ensure they won’t scratch the tablet screen.
In addition to the 3 free apps that can be downloaded from iTunes, Google Play or Amazon App Store, the letters come with a felt carrying pouch for easy storage and transportation.
What our team of testers said
"p - i - c- k, that spells pick mummy." - Boy aged 5 (playing Tiggly Doctor)
"Look! I made the word fin and a mermaid tail appeared!" - Girl aged 5 (playing Tiggly Tales)
- Helps develop vowel sounds, word building, spelling, and phonics.
- Encourages storytelling and creativity
- Encourages children to explore language patterns
What our experts think
Tiggly Words is a brilliant way to make playing with an app even more interactive, which is great for children who learn better using a hands-on approach. Children thoroughly enjoyed playing the different apps, and the fun themed games really helped children become engaged in learning about letters, spelling, phonics, verbs and more. Tiggly Words allows children to develop and apply their knowledge in the games, building a great foundation for learning to read and write. The felt bag included makes this a handy travel toy too!
- RRP: £29.99
- Brands: Tiggly
- Interact with an app
- Toy Types: Electronic & app toys
- Types of skills developed: Comprehension
Learning to read
Learning to write
Listening and attention
Speech, language and communication skills