What is it
• Get ready for shape shifting fun with Puzzle Wars!
• This mind challenging table top game can be played head to head against a friend or test your skills on your own against the built-in timer.
• Getting started is easy. Choose a puzzle card and use the multi-coloured puzzle pieces to match the puzzle on the card.
• Set up is simple, but solving the puzzles quickly will be a challenge!
• Puzzle Wars features three different boards: Square for easier puzzles, Hexagon for intermediate puzzles, and Star for expert level puzzles.
• Family fun – puzzle Wars is for 1-2 players, making it a great choice for game nights. Have a tournament to find out who’s the ultimate winner of puzzle Wars!
Get ready for shape shifting fun with Puzzle Wars! This mind challenging table top game can be played head to head against a friend. Or test your skills on your own against the built-in timer. Getting started is easy. Choose a puzzle card and use the multi-coloured puzzle pieces to match the puzzle on the card.
What our team of testers said
"I want to do the hexagon shapes." - Boy aged 10
"You need to copy the pattern, it's a race." - Boy aged 8
- Builds problem-solving skills and logical reasoning
- Develops colour and shape recognition
- Improves hand-eye coordination
What our experts think
With Puzzle Wars, children can race against the clock and each other to improve their problem-solving and logical reasoning skills. Our testers loved the competitive element of the game, where they were encouraged to persevere in order to beat their opponent. Competitive games are great for children as they teach them about winning and losing, which builds resilience – helping their personal, social and emotional development.
The game requires children to match and fit different shapes together, which is great for problem-solving skills and hand-eye coordination. One of our testers with ASD really enjoyed thinking through the correct way to logically move the pieces. The different levels/boards that make the game easier or harder are particularly good, making it very family friendly. We did find that when taking the shapes off the insert, some were left with a jagged edge which made them a little harder to fit together, but this didn’t reduce the enjoyment of the game and a little filing down helped.
- RRP: £21.99
- Brands: Tomy
 => Autistic children
- Battery Operated
- Special Needs Autistic children
- Toy Types: .Toys
Puzzles & games
- Types of skills developed: Categorisation & comparison
Colour, shape and pattern recognition
Fine motor skills
Logic, strategy & problem solving
Memory, concentration & attention
Personal, social & emotional development
Physical & motor skills
Trial and error learning
Working under time pressure