What is it
The Playmobil X-Ray Room has a fully flexible operating table that can be moved into multiple positions. The body scanner moves a complete 360º around the table. There is a small trolley with the essential medical equipment, for the doctor and nurse to examine the small child.
- the X-Ray machine can be placed at the foot or head of the bed
- the X-ray device can be rotated once around its own axis
- includes a surgical mask and apron to keep the radiographer protected
- comes with 2 playmobil medics and child patient
What our team of testers said
"I want to take an x-ray." - Boy aged 5
"I like it because you can pretend bits of people are hurt." - Girl aged 7
- Encourages nurturing and caring
- Good for imaginative play
- Promotes sharing and social skills
What our experts think
Children loved how realistic the set was, and became very involved in checking and treating the injured patients. They particularly liked being able to see the scan on the computer screen, pretending that they could really see inside the patient’s body. The X-ray Room can be used with other playsets to further enhance play.
Role play that involves caring for the patients helps children learn about medical treatment, understand events in their own lives, and promotes nurturing too. Sets like this are good for encouraging children to play together, helping them learn to communicate and improving social skills.
It would be even better if...
There isn’t a lot to do with the X-ray set on it’s own, so it is better used with other toys for more play possibilities.
- RRP: £10.99
- Brands: Playmobil, Playmobil - City Life
- No batteries required
- Classic Toy
- Toy Types: .Toys
Playsets & collectibles
Science & Nature
- Types of skills developed: Creativity
Health, hygiene & self-care
Personal, social & emotional development
Social awareness & empathy
Teamwork, turn taking & sharing
Understanding the world