What is it
The Playmobil Ambulance with Lights and Sounds is the ideal vehicle to get you to the scene of an emergency in a hurry! The injured patient can be carried by stretcher to the ambulance and transported to hospital while being looked after by the professionals with their supply of medical equipment. The set measures 27 x 14 x 13cm when built and features a detachable roof, flashing lights and siren sounds (x1 AAA battery required – not included) and a sliding door for ease of access. Includes 1 Playmobil Ambulance, 2 emergency workers and an injured patient and lots of accessories.
- Working light and sound on sirens
- Removable roof to get better access to the patients
- Sliding side door and outward opening rear doors
- The headboard and legs of the bed can be manoeuvred to make the patient comfortable
- The splints and bandages are compatible with children figures
What our team of testers said
"It has lots of cool stuff in it." - Girl aged 7
"I like that it has lights." - Boy aged 7
- Good for imaginative play
- Promotes sharing and social skills
- Encourages nurturing and caring
What our experts think
Our testers loved playing with the Ambulance together, and the working lights were a big hit! The amount of detail and range of accessories really enhanced their imaginative play, which is great for creativity. The Ambulance can also be used with other playsets to further enhance play. They found it handy that the roof could be removed to make it easier to see inside the Ambulance.
Role play that involves caring for the patients helps children learn about medical treatment, understand events in their own lives, and promotes nurturing too. Sets like this are good for encouraging children to play together, helping them learn to communicate and improving social skills.
It would be even better if...
The windscreen is designed to be removed, but children had trouble getting this back on again after playing.
- RRP: £34.99
- Brands: Playmobil, Playmobil - City Life
- Battery Operated
- Classic Toy
- Toy Types: .Toys
Playsets & collectibles
- Types of skills developed: Creativity
Health, hygiene & self-care
Personal, social & emotional development
Social awareness & empathy
Teamwork, turn taking & sharing
Understanding the world