What is it
Little aquatic athletes will have a ball with the Toss ‘N Juggle Seal. When baby tosses the ball in the hoop, the seal celebrates by clapping its fins, playing music, releasing the ball down the spiral slide, and rolling it to baby to chase.
Key Features of the Lil’ Ocean Explorers Dunk ‘n Juggle Seal include:
- When baby makes a basket, the Seal plays music, catches the ball and shakes it with clapping flippers
- Seal then releases the ball down the spiral slide for baby to crawl and chase.
- Seal plays 5 songs and sounds as it claps for encouragement
- Includes 4 balls
What our team of testers said
"Ar ar." - Boy aged 23 months
Babbled and smiled - Girl aged 13 months
- Develops fine motor control
- Helps build hand-eye coordination
- Music and clapping encourage children to keep playing
What our experts think
Babies enjoyed putting the balls through the hoop, and some even bobbed along to the music! Picking up the balls and putting them through the hoop help babies develop fine motor control and hand-eye coordination. Playing with the Dunk ‘n Juggle Seal also helps babies learn cause and effect and builds on their knowledge of object permanence as they look for the ball.
EYFS Goals Supported
Physical development – “Picks up small objects between finger and thumb.”
Understanding the world – “Looks for dropped objects.”
Maths – “Has some understanding that things exist even when out of sight.”
It would be even better if...
Younger babies needed to be shown how to use the toy at first.
It would be good if the balls were brighter, more familiar colours, as this would help children practice colour recognition.
- RRP: £19.99
- Brands: Little Tikes, MGA Entertainment
- Battery Operated
- Toy Types: .Toys
- Types of skills developed: Cognitive
Fine motor skills
Logic, strategy & problem solving
Memory, concentration & attention
Physical & motor skills
Pincer grip and writing