What is it
The Lightseekers Awakening digital action figures connect with a free app via smartphone or tablet device to deliver real time 2-way interaction between your hero and the game. They talk, vibrate, and use different coloured lights to show levels, status, warn of impending danger and help guide gameplay – think of them as your ultimate wingman! Your hero’s evolving in-game attributes, accomplishments, and lineage are stored in perpetuity so that your hero is truly one of a kind.
Customise and enhance your gameplay!
- In-game stats and abilities are stored within, making your weapon uniquely yours.
- You can add magical lightstones and defeat enemies to wield even greater power
- Choose from three attack styles: Slashing, Crushing, or Ranged
- Flight packs turn your figure into a game controller, allowing your figure’s movements to control your in-game character.
What our team of testers said
"I love this game." - Girl aged 9
"This game is amazing." - Boy aged 9
- Encourages children to play together
- Lets children experience friendly competition
- Challenges children's reaction times and hand-eye coordination
What our experts think
Lightseekers Awakening is a wonderful combination of traditional figures and new technology. The game was very popular with our testers, who just loved the interactivity and the excitement of competing with one another. It was great to see a digital toy that encourages children to play together and communicate – some of our testers played in teams, cheering for each-other and giving their friends advice. This also helps children learn how to win and lose respectfully. The current games, which include racing and combat, let children put their reaction and coordination skills to the test. We like that there are both combat and non-combat games to suit different players, with plenty more activities to come in future updates.
Some children needed help from an adult to get started and when attaching the weapons, but the game was easy to play once set up. Our testers also had some difficulties with the app, being slow to load or simply not loading, but not enough to affect their enjoyment of the game. Children also liked the fact that the figures are toys in their own right, that have play value even when not connected to the app – our testers were fascinated by the voices and sound effects.
- RRP: £74.99
- Brands: Tomy
- Key Features:
- Battery Operated
- Interact with an app
- Toy Types: Electronic & app toys
- Types of skills developed: Cognitive
Fine motor skills
Logic, strategy & problem solving
Managing feelings & behaviour
Personal, social & emotional development
Physical & motor skills
Teamwork, turn taking & sharing