What is it
Frenzi is a fast paced card game where each player gets a base card with three unique characteristics (colour, number and shape).
- Each player starts with a base card with three unique characteristics (colour, number and shape)
- All 64 Frenzi cards are laid out in the middle and then everyone races together at high speed, flipping cards over so they match a characteristic of their base card.
- Frenzi cards are double sided, with different characteristics on the front from the back, so keep your eyes peeled as cards are constantly getting flipped back over by other players, looking for a match.
- After 30 seconds the flipping stops, players pick up the cards that match their base card characteristic and count them to score.
- Play takes place over nine 30 second Frenzi rounds, each with a different objective (e.g. match colour, match shape or no match) and a game takes just 30 minutes.
- It’s a lively party game that tests your observation, speed and reactions, and gets everyone out of their seats!
What our team of testers said
"Can we play this again? It's good." - Girl aged 6
"I like this because it is challenging." - Girl aged 8
- Develops children's concentration skills
- Encourages children to follow instructions
- Teaches children to work under time pressure
What our experts think
Frenzi is a fast paced card game that encourages players to work under time pressure; it really brought out the competitive side in our testers! The cards are bold and clear, and the box is eye-catching and appealing. The game requires plenty of space as players have to get up on their feet (it can also get quite noisy!).
The game challenged our players as they had to think about matching more than one element at any one time. Our testers were divided by the extra challenge of only being allowed to use one hand to flip the cards. The instructions were very detailed, but this meant that the children couldn’t access them without adult help. Once understood, our testers found the game was easy and fun to play.
- RRP: £9.99
- Brands: Wild Card Games
- No batteries required
- Toy Types: .Toys
Puzzles & games
- Types of skills developed: Categorisation & comparison
Colour, shape and pattern recognition
Fine motor skills
Logic, strategy & problem solving
Memory, concentration & attention
Personal, social & emotional development
Physical & motor skills
Teamwork, turn taking & sharing
Working under time pressure