Our Experts at the Good Toy Guide have put together the following tips to pass onto your children to keep them safe whilst using the Internet:
- If you see or read anything that makes you feel uncomfortable or you think you shouldn’t be seeing, click off immediately and tell an adult.
- Do not write anything to others that you wouldn’t say to their face or want your parent/teacher to see.
- If you feel any form of bullying is taking place to you or others tell an adult immediately.
- Do not open emails if you don’t recognise the sender.
- Do not accept friendship requests from people do you not know.
- Never meet anyone in person that you have met online.
- Never give out any personal information to someone you don’t know: Name, address, contact numbers, email addresses or bank information.