What is it
Made from high-grade soft neoprene, the Original Konfidence Swim Jacket offers superb lateral and longitudinal stretch, as well as allowing a snug and comfortable fit. The Original Konfidence Swim Jacket is a swim vest that incorporates eight internal float pockets, which positions the buoyancy around the wearer’s torso and, most importantly, below the water line. This provides the stability to give the wearer confidence and freedom in the water, whilst crucially allowing their arms to remain free and unencumbered, helping them to learn and practise swimming strokes.
As the wearer’s ability progresses, the floats of the buoyancy swimming aid can be removed in pairs to reduce the buoyancy and encourage further development, making The Original Konfidence Swim Jacket fully adjustable for your child’s swimming skill level. Eventually, all floats are dispensed with and the user is a fully independent swimmer!
It is the attention to detail that sets The Original Konfidence Swim Jacket apart from its imitators and ensures that you are purchasing the best product available.
- High-grade neoprene provides the most snug and secure fit, and reduces the ability of the jacket to move independently of the wearer
- Soft Lycra binding throughout the jacket minimises the possibility of chafing from rubbing
Features a chunky YKK zip to maximise security and parents’ confidence
- High neck design maximises thermal and UV properties (100% UV protective) when worn outdoors
- Trademark high-visibility yellow back as standard on all jackets to increase visibility on beaches and in crowded pools
- Full instructions on usage and adjustable buoyancy provided, as well as a customer care line to help answer any further questions
- We continuously encourage feedback from our industry partners and high street customers, so the jacket’s design evolves constantly. Although it was originally released over 15 years ago, we are proud to say that this evolution has helped the jacket to win numerous industry awards for product safety and innovation.
Whatever age a child first goes in the water they want to feel safe and secure, which makes our Jackets perfect for introducing the wearer to the joys of swimming, and having fun in this environment. Made from neoprene fabric they provide warmth, comfort and a feeling of security and the bright yellow backs provides hi-visibility for parents.
What our team of testers said
"Mummy, I look like a mermaid." - Girl aged 3
"He was able to stay afloat much longer and it kept him warm." - Dad of a 21 month old
- Develops water confidence
- Allows children to learn to swim in a safe and secure way
- Provides opportunities to practise gross motor skills
What our experts think
These jackets make swimming with little ones safe and fun. Our parents liked how their children were given the confidence to splash around and were kept warmer whilst enjoying the water. The security of the jacket provides children with the opportunity to develop their water confidence and begin practising moving about their arms and legs in the water without a worry. The way the floats can be removed as children become more confident and competent in the water is something we particularly liked.
The jacket is simple to use and our parents commented that it seemed both sturdy and safe; it was also a very good fit. We would like to have seen a more unisex colouring system and not one that seemed that it was specifically aimed at either girls or boys – this would mean that parents could pass it down to siblings of the opposite sex more easily, without buying an additional one.
- RRP: £24.99
- Brands: Konfidence
- Special Needs Autistic children
Children with speech issues
Children with ADD
Children with developmental delay
- Types of skills developed: Core stability & balance
Gross motor skills
Personal, social & emotional development
Physical & motor skills
Stamina & fitness