What is it
The Rainbow Past & To Wall Clock is an ideal first clock to help children learn to tell the time at home. Its clear design and simple 3-step teaching system make it very easy for children to learn to read the time in terms of ‘minutes past’ and ‘minutes to’ the hour.
The 3-step teaching system:
Step 1: Read the number at the end of the long hand.
Step 2: Say “minutes to” if it’s pointing to the red side of the clock, or say “minutes past” if it’s pointing to the green side.
Step 3: Read the number at the end of the short hand.
– Working battery-operated wall clock with very clear dial that carries all the information children need to learn to tell the time.
– Supplied with simple 3-step teaching system that enables children to tell the time, in ‘minutes past’ and ‘minutes to’ the hour, as soon as they can read numbers.
– Silent, no ticking, with ‘sweep’ second hand, showing that time is constant and not stop start.
– Attractive, colourful, has unisex appeal and looks good in any room.
What our team of testers said
"Did I get it right mummy?" - Girl aged 5
"It's very easy to learn with this clock." - Girl aged 8
- Teaches children how to tell the time
- Develops numeracy skills
What our experts think
This is a bright and vibrant clock that is designed to support children in learning to tell the time. It reinforces the life skill and will reinforce what they are learning at school. Our tester’s parents liked the way in which the clock was set up and found it was easy to explain to the children (using the 3 step system) how to tell the time. It is simple to use and we really liked the way in which it broke telling the time down into manageable steps.
Over the period of one week, our testers showed a marked improvement in their ability to tell the time. This is a great product for any child learning to read a clock and gives confidence to those who are struggling with the concept. We like the fact that it is silent making it perfect for a bedroom.
- RRP: £24.95
- Brands: EasyRead Time Teacher Ltd
- Battery Operated
- Types of skills developed: Cognitive
Numeracy, counting & money
Responsibility & commitment
Telling the time and date