What is it
From the CBeebies series Wussywat the Clumsy Cat comes a collection of garden themed games:
- Wossat – find the missing objects with Wussywat
- Wobble – help Wussywat catch the falling objects
- Hide & Squeak – find the hidden bugs in the garden with Duckadile
- Puddle – race against Duckadile through the puddles
- Pairs – test your memory with the card matching game
Children are awarded stickers for their sticker book, which they can use to decorate several different scenes.
What our team of testers said
"Wussywat likes puddles!" - Boy aged 34 months
"I love the puddle game the best." - Girl aged 4
- The games allow children to practice following instructions
- Picture matching helps children learn logical thinking and memory skills
- The object catching and puddle racing games help develop reaction times
- The object searching game helps develop observational and concentration skills
What our experts think
Children loved the familiarity of Wussywat, which is a good way to encourage children to play the game. We like that there is a mix of games – the puddle race was particularly popular! These help children practice following instructions, while developing various skills through the different games. For example, working out which pictures match one another helps children practice logic skills. The game praises children when they get the answer correct, and gives stickers as rewards, encouraging them to keep playing.
It would be even better if...
We didn’t like how the game reacted to incorrect answers – rather than telling children they have answered wrong, it would be more encouraging to children if they were asked to try again. It would also be good if the game prompted children when they stop interacting with the game.
It would also be nice if there were multiple profiles available, as we found children who shared the sticker book messed it up for one another.
- Brands: Babycow, BigFatStudios, Playerthree
- Key Features:
- British English
- Made in the UK
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- Child Restrictions: Yes - no restrictions required
- Languages available:
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Android version: 2.3 and up
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed: Art & design
Categorisation & comparison
Colour, shape and pattern recognition
Fine motor skills
Logic, strategy & problem solving
Memory, concentration & attention
Physical & motor skills