What is it
This app focused on helping kids read body language and understand emotions by looking at gorgeous pictures and figuring out which person is expressing a given emotion.
It is easy to customise and even replace the voiceover with a parent’s voice.
What our team of testers said
"I like the faces" - Girl aged 3
"I like looking at the faces they make" - Girl aged 4
- Learn to recognise emotions
- Supports children's social development.
What our experts think
Emotional development is so important and this is a wonderful tool for parents, teachers and other childcare professionals to teach children to recognise emotions. Don’t miss the settings that allow you to customise the emotions shown and even to add your own voice.
This can be particularly valuable to children with special needs like autism.
It would be even better if...
We’d love to see a kids lock so children can’t get to the settings and links to more apps themselves.
Try making faces yourself and see if your child can recognise the emotion.
- Brands: Alligator Apps
- No 3rd party adverts
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: No - all links unrestricted
- Special Needs Autistic children
- Languages available: American English
- Appropriate child restricted areas? No - all links unrestricted
- Apple version: iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 4.3 or later
- App Types: Educational Apps
Parenting & behavioural aids
- Types of skills developed:
Managing feelings & behaviour
Personal, social & emotional development