What is it
The ToonSpaghetti story lab is a story making studio for kids, developed by a teacher.
The ToonSpaghetti galaxy is filled with fun story planets, each with its own adventure. Visit the spaceship coolification station, make your own sound effects and add crazy modifications to make them even cooler!
- Solve fun word games and challenges
- Identify moods and add emotional music to bring stories to life
- Exciting story planets and adventures
- Massive library of music
- Voice and sound effect recording
- Coolify sound effects with audio modifications
- Get a finished animated story to show to friends and family
What our team of testers said
"This is fun." - Boy aged 5 (with speech and listening difficulties)
"I like it because you can choose what happens in the story." - Boy aged 6
- A fun introduction to story structure and comprehension
- Practises reading, speaking and listening skills
- Encourages children to be creative
What our experts think
Our testers loved editing stories with ToonSpaghetti Story Lab, and it’s an excellent educational app which covers so many English skills. A range of fun, creative activities test children’s comprehension, encourage speaking and listening skills, and build vocabulary.
We particularly liked how children are asked to create their own sound effects, encouraging creativity outside of the app. It is also good that children are asked to match a piece of music to the mood of the story, testing their understanding as well as music skills.
It would be even better if...
It’s not clear that you should start with the Earth, which has the tutorial for the game. The story narrator sometimes uses strange intonation which gets a little annoying.
- Brands: TechSpaghetti
- Key Features:
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes - no restrictions required
- Languages available:
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 8.1 or later
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed: Comprehension
Learning to read
Listening and attention
Personal, social & emotional development
Speech, language and communication skills