What is it
Tiggly Stamp can be used with or without Tiggly Shapes (sold separately).
Tiggly Stamp allows children to create seasonally themed scenes on an iPad either with or without Tiggly Shapes. When each shape is added to the scene it is transformed into an animal, fruit or some other object. The scenes created can be saved as images or a child can turn it into a theatre and record the objects moving to tell a story through video.
The app encourages creativity through open-ended play.
Tiggly Stamp is designed to interact with Tiggly Shapes (a Recommended Toy by the Good Toy Guide), a set of 4 basic geometric shapes that offer the most effective learning experience for young kids but can be played without the shapes too. Tiggly Shapes are safe for your tablet and your toddler. When you purchase Tiggly Shapes, you unlock all three apps: Tiggly Safari, Tiggly Stamp, and Tiggly Draw.
You can also try lite versions of the apps without Tiggly Shapes.
Features of Tiggly Stamp include:
- See four basic shapes transform into 80+ funny animals, fruits, and objects
- Hear the names of each animal, fruit and object – helping children learn to speak new words
- Includes 7 languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian, and Portuguese
- Make a movie by dragging things around and telling a story about them
- Take a picture of your work with a date to save memories
- Parents section includes many tips to optimize your child’s learning
No in-app purchases
The Tiggly team is made up of PhDs, MBAs, parents, grandparents, uncles, and aunts who want to help parents introduce their children to the digital world in an easy yet educational way. Our educator-designed tablet toys interact with our learning apps because we believe there is a powerful learning opportunity in the combination of physical and digital play. Children explore geometric shapes and spatial relations by manipulating physical geometric blocks while interacting with their digital creations. Our team collaborates with Grammy and Emmy-award winning creative talent to craft products that parents and children both love.
What our team of testers said
"Yey, tree!" - Girl, 22 months
"Watch my story Mummy" - Boy, aged 4
- Encourages creativity and inspires imagination
- Supports language development
- Helps younger users (e.g. 18 months) learn to drag - developing fine motor control
What our experts think
This is a lovely app to encourage a pre-schoolers creativity. The children who tried it found it easy to use even from as young as 18 months. Even if all they can do is place the shapes on the screen (or drag the shapes onto the picture if you don’t own Tiggly Shapes) a whole variety of objects appear which inspired their creative thinking and imagination. We watched them drag the objects around to their hearts content! For 18 month – 2 year olds this also supports the development of their fine motor skills. The voice over (albeit American) helps language development.
For older children the ability to record a video of them moving the shapes on screen added a new dimension to the product – encouraging children towards creating their own stories via the onscreen objects.
We’ve had this product in use in home for over 6 months now and can genuinely say this one is still a favourite!
It would be even better if...
It would be great to have the choice of a British English voiceover. We’d also like to see the video creation tools becoming a bit more prominent – they are accessed through the ‘star’ in the top left corner (maybe a video symbol would be clearer).
- Brands: Tiggly
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- Interacts with a toy
- Interacts with a toy:
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Languages available: languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian, and Portuguese
- Apple version: iPad
iOS 5.0 or later
- Android version: Requires Android 3.0 and up
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed:
Colour, shape and pattern recognition
Fine motor skills
Physical & motor skills
Speech, language and communication skills