What is it
The human body app by Tinybop is an interactive human body packed full of features including:
- Nervous system & senses: see what happens when you’re stung by a wasp or a tickled by a feather. Explore the brain, eyes, nose and ear in detail.
- Skeleton: build the skeleton like a jigsaw puzzle, try moving fingers and hip bones, look at the cross-section of a bone in detail
- Respiratory system: look at the lung breathing, see what happens when you run, look at the cross-section of a lung
- Heart & circulatory system: look at a cross-section of the heart and veins, see what happens when you run
- Digestive system: feed the model and what the food being digested as it moves through the digestive system, see what happens to teeth when you eat, look at a cross-section of the stomach and intestine.
- Muscles: look at the muscles in a skeleton and explore what happens when you move your arm or leg
Additional features include: a recording mode enabling children and parents to send questions to each other, a parents dashboard to view, save and share conversation with their children and a detailed handbook to go with the app, text labels in up to 50 languages.
What our team of testers said
"I like feeding it and then cleaning the teeth" - Girl aged 9
"I like seeing where the food goes and it going down the body" - Boy aged 11
- Learn about all aspects of the human body
- Understand what happens to your circulatory system and respiratory system when you run
- Build the skeleton piece by piece
What our experts think
An incredibly valuable app for teaching children about the human body. The level of detail in this app provides endless opportunity for learning and the interactivity keeps the children engaged.
It would be even better if...
There are some great features within settings that are easy to miss. We’d love to see these given more exposure.
- Brands: Tinybop
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Extras for Parents: A parents dashboard allowing you to follow your child's progress
- Languages available: English, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (traditional), Chinese (simplified), Croatian, Czech, Creole, Greek, Danish, Dutch, Farsi, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Swahili, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Tibetan,Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uyghur, Uzbek, and Vietnamese!
- Appropriate child restricted areas? Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Extras for parents: A parents dashboard allowing you to follow your child's progress
- Apple version: iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed:
Health, hygiene & self-care
Personal, social & emotional development
Understanding the world