What is it
The app is very easy to use and can be worked out by simply getting stuck in. The aim of the app is to figure out reflective and rotational symmetry.
The children drag differently colored geometric shapes onto a grid that needs to be filled in accordingly. Throughout three different levels of challenges, children must complete complex patterns. As they do, they don’t just learn about symmetry and geometry, they also build their spatial reasoning and fine motor skills. This app really is a fantastic teaching tool and puzzle game for all ages.
Tested on an iPad
What our team of testers said
"It's very easy and fun" - Girl aged 9
"I like playing the games" - Boy aged 6
- Develops children's understanding of symmetry
- Develops children's understanding of rotation
What our experts think
We like the way in which this app clearly reinforces the concept of symmetry and rotation (2 objectives taught in KS2). We like the different levels so that children/ parents can pitch the activities to the child’s current level. We also like the ‘show me’ option.
It would be even better if...
It would be better if there was an option to have the instructions read; some children may find the reading element challenging and thus will be unable to access the mathematical concept.
- Brands: Pixelsoup
- British English
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- Child Restrictions: Partly - some unrestricted links
- Languages available: English, Chinese, French, German, Irish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Appropriate child restricted areas? Partly - some unrestricted links
- Apple version: iPad
Requires iOS 4.3 or later
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed: