What is it
The Sofia the First Innotab Cartridge provides an interactive story and a range of games and other activities that teach problem solving, memory, logic, sequences, colours, shapes, numbers, letters, animal and more.
The following games and activities are included:
- Royal prep: jumble day, Sofia has to ask friends in the hallway how to get to her class and combine their hints to identify the pattern on the correct door for her class.
- Table settings class: requiring the player to match shape, colour and design and so drag the correct piece into the table setting
- Dance class: remember the sequence of numbers read out to repeat the dance steps correctly
- Riding class: follow the sequence of colours and use the arrows to successfully fly through the correct colour hoop
- Art class: choose colours to colour in sections of the picture
- Magic class: choose matching pairs that rhyme (e.g. dog and frog)
- Library helper: sorting books based on the first letter of their title
- Lending a Royal Hand: drag and drop the pieces of the broken gem to fix it (essential a jigsaw puzzle)
- Catch-n-Count: count the acorns as you catch them
- Photo fun: allowing the player to take and decorate photos of themselves
What our team of testers said
"I like that I can do things during the story" - Girl aged 6
"It's a funny story" - Boy aged 7
- Develops reading skills
- Teaches colour, shape and pattern recognition
- Develops recognition of numbers
What our experts think
It’s great to see software that encourages so many skills within a single cartridge. The story itself is engaging and filled with extra features including highlighting the words as they are read, re-reading any word the child clicks on, dictionary definitions of particularly words, and extra words and dialogue associated with clicking on different areas of the page. The games also develop a range of skills, particularly shape/colour recognition. The children really enjoyed the interactive story and were delighted to find the other activities and games to play.
It would be even better if...
We’d love to see the free play area having more prominence on the main page – it’s easy for children to miss the games in here.
- Brands: Disney, Innotab, VTech
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Languages available: American English
- App Types: Games
- Types of skills developed:
Art & design
Categorisation & comparison
Colour, shape and pattern recognition
Learning to read
Listening and attention
Logic, strategy & problem solving
Memory, concentration & attention
Numeracy, counting & money
Speech, language and communication skills
Breaking the constraints imposed by traditional learning, VTech toys comprise of state-of-the-art technology to effortlessly turn learning into a rewarding and exciting experience. VTech’s plethora of electronic learning, photography and preschool learning toys have aided VTech in becoming a brand that parents can trust. With great offerings from ranges such as InnoTab, Kidizoom, Toot-Toot Drivers, Switch and Go Dinos, and VTech Baby, its little wonder that VTech continue to be the world leader of age-appropriate learning.
Visit VTech or follow on: