What is it
Sago Mini Trucks and Diggers allows children to drive a dump truck with Rosie the hamster; pile dirt high and dig deep in the ground with diggers, cranes and bulldozers. Children can build a home for a new friend; choose a barn, a castle or even a cupcake-house.
On this construction site the children are well and truly in charge! With six machines and piles of dirt, they can build all day! Full of funny animations and silly surprises, the app encourages open-ended play experiences – great for younger players.
Tested on an iPad
What our team of testers said
"Look I'm building a cup house!" - Girl aged 3
"You fill up the truck then drive to the building part...it's fun!" - Boy aged 5
- Encourages imaginative play
- Allows children to explore real life experiences
- Gets children using their creativity
What our experts think
Children loved this cute app from Sago Sago. The graphics and sounds were engaging and the concept was very appealing to young children. The variety of machinery and the way in which they kept changing meant that there was something different every time to keep children interested.
Building and decorating houses in the app really immersed children in the real world of building, and they thoroughly enjoyed the chance to get creative!
It would be even better if...
We would have liked it if there were no other links to apps; even though there was a parent gate to stop children actually purchasing them, it still exposes them to their availability and could lead to ‘pester power’!
- Brands: Sago Sago
- British English
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Languages available: Arabic, Chinese, Cornish, Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Tagalog, Vietnamese
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Android version: 4.0.3 and up
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed: