What is it
This funny and creative app lets toddlers design and create some colorful and funny looking bugs, which can then be brought to life. To create their unique bug, kids tap a cocoon making it hatch — sprouting eyes and legs. Children can then have fun and put their own touch on their bug by putting wacky patterns and colours on their bug, choosing accessories and feeding their bugs and cleaning their mess.
What our team of testers said
"It looks like a funny butterfly" - Girl aged 3
"Ah, there's something in there, I'm going to crack it open... Yey it's a funny bug like a butterfly" - Boy aged 3
- Promotes Creativity
- Teaches Responsibility & commitment
- Teaches colour recognition
What our experts think
A simple fun, creative app that pre-schoolers really enjoyed. It encourages the children to be creative and because each bug is quick and simple to create it keeps the kids attention.
The added features of cracking an egg to watch it hatch and feeding and cleaning the bug helps the children learn the concept of hatching and caring for something in a fun and playful story.
It would be even better if...
We would love to see the option of more things to decorate your bug with – not just colouring
We would encourage parents to use this app as an excuse to talk about:
- Colours and shapes – to confirm your child’s understanding of these
- What animals hatch from eggs (and any appropriate surrounding subjects)
- Brands: Sago Sago toys inc
- Key Features:
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- Languages available: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Chinese, Danish, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 5.0 or later
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed: Animals & Sealife
Colour, shape and pattern recognition
Responsibility & commitment