What is it
Piiig Labs is a digital playground for your child to explore science concepts in an old fashioned way, by putting together mini projects and learning through interaction and sometimes trial and error. By being “hands on” in the building process, kids get an inside look at how things work!
• 8 interactive kits with assembly parts; 2 more coming soon!
• Build a light bulb circuit and turn it on/off
• Put together a radio and tune to 5 different stations!
• Mix baking soda and vinegar for a volcanic eruption!
• Match animal sounds to the right farm animal
• Themes: electricity, circuits, chemical reaction, colour mixing, radio frequency, vortex, sound, and more!
What our team of testers said
"What do yellow & blue make...oh green!" - Boy aged 8
"I like science and this is fun" - Girl aged 7
- Understanding of science including physics, chemistry, nature
- Encourages experimentation
- Develops problem solving skills
- Concepts taught include: electric circuits, colour mixing, shape recognition, chemical reactions
What our experts think
A fabulous app to teach science concepts to a wide age group. Helps children to understand concepts of: electricity, chemical experiments, vortexes, colour mixing, how radios work and even about the electronic instrument the Theremin. The children really engaged with this app and enjoyed it at the same time as learning. There are also explanations for parents to help them get the most from the app.
It would be even better if...
– There was an option for a British voiceover
– There were hints to help children know what to do if they get stuck
Look at the information provided in the Parents area to fully understand the lessons this app can teach and sit with your child giving them more information as they play along.
If your child enjoys this app, consider trying some of the experiments in real life such as colour mixing and the volcano experiment (being appropriately careful – this can get messy)!
- Brands: Piiig
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Languages available:
- Appropriate child restricted areas? Yes- appropriate features restricted
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed:
Colour, shape and pattern recognition
Logic, strategy & problem solving
Understanding the world