What is it
Play as Noddy with the help of his friends Bumpy Dog and Revs the car. Visit the Toyland characters and take part in fun mini-games and activities; become a Toyland Detective and use the ‘Who, What, Where Book’ to solve mysteries. Once you’ve solved all the clues, trace back your findings by reading the story of your adventures in a narrative photo storybook.
- Play as Noddy and explore the recreated world of Toyland in 3D.
- Meet characters from the TV show including Bumpy Dog, Revs, Pat-Pat and the Panda Pockets, Fuse, the Naughticorns, and more!
- Ask questions to uncover clues and solve mysteries with the ‘Who-What-Where book’.
- Create musical masterpieces with the Pirate Band using tap and touch controls.
- Follow Deltoid’s workout patterns to learn the ancient art of Deltoid-O.
- Paint and decorate Revs the car with colorful shapes and designs.
- Help the Brick-A-Build builders solve jigsaw puzzles.
- Build investigation skills by discovering challenges, remembering, collecting, listening, thinking, and making connections!
Each time your child solves a mystery in Noddy Toyland Detective, a storybook is generated from their play session for you to read together.
The app also features a passcode-protected ‘Grown Ups Corner,’ where parents can:
• Choose the length of time your child plays the game
• Receive email notifications when your child has created a new case for you to read together
• Get help and advice about playing the game with your child
What our team of testers said
"I like doing the puzzles." - Girl aged 4
"Yes, I've completed another case." - Girl aged 4
- Builds language skills through reading and storytelling
- Can encourage a love of reading
- Develops children's ability to solve problems
What our experts think
Solving the cases by finding clues really captured our testers’ imaginations! The puzzles were also a big hit and are good for developing children’s memory, concentration and problem solving skills – although some testers did need a little help with these.
We love the story that is created once a case has been completed; this is emailed to the parent so they can share the story with their child. This developed a real sense of pride and achievement in the children – it is a great tool for getting reluctant readers to read, as they will enjoy revisiting their adventures. This helps develop language skills. Parents also liked that they could manage screen time better, by putting a time limit on the game.
- Brands: Kuato
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Languages available:
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 8.0 or later
- Android version: 4.4 and up
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed:
Colour, shape and pattern recognition
Learning to read
Listening and attention
Logic, strategy & problem solving
Speech, language and communication skills