What is it
An educational app communicating the story of Napoleon complete with the animated story, a gallery of 10 portraits describing the key characters in the story and 5 games that further support learning. Learners will follow the emperor from the Egyptian campaign to Waterloo by way of the coronation in the Cathedral of Notre-Dame.
What our team of testers said
"It's so fun. I love the games" - Girl aged 8
"I like spot the difference" - Boy aged 7
- Teaches children the history of Napoleon
- Games encourage cognitive skills (e.g. spot the difference)
What our experts think
This app is clearly educational and does well to communicate the story of Napoleon. The animation, child-friendly illustrations and simple text are well pitched for the target age and the games added some fun whilst still supporting learning an development.
It would be even better if...
– The text within the portraits was read out rather than being left for children to read
– There was more interactivity within the story to further encourage engagement
- Brands: Quelle Histoire
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Languages available: English, French, Spanish
- Appropriate child restricted areas? Yes- appropriate features restricted
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed:
Memory, concentration & attention
Understanding the world