What is it
An open play world including 4 beautifully hand illustrated & highly interactive shops complete with the street right up to your front door. Children can move the characters around and interact with virtually everything from filling their trolley at the supermarket, making a smoothie at the grocer’s, making themselves an ice cream or trying on outfits at the clothes shop. They can even get cash from the cash machine and ride in the toy car.
What our team of testers said
"WOW look I can even weigh the tomato-i love this game" - Girl aged 4
"I'm going to get a red and yellow ice-cream -yum!" - Boy aged 3
- Develops an understanding of the world.
- Encourages role-play and imagination.
- Provides familiarity with shopping tasks and routines.
- Encourages exploration.
What our experts think
We love this app! It provides literally hours of entertainment whilst helping children to understand the world around them and to use their imagination. The graphics and interactive details are incredible – your child will find a new feature every time they play. You can use this app to explore and discuss so many concepts together or leave them to play freely in their own little world.
It would be even better if...
It was easier to get the children to stop playing!
We’d love the tiles to allow prices and payments encourage maths skills and concepts of money too.
- Brands: PlayHome Software
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes - no restrictions required
- Languages available: Few language elements, but available in English, Arabic, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Appropriate child restricted areas? Yes - no restrictions required
- Apple version: iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 4.3 or later
- Android version: Required Android 2.3 or up
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed:
People and communities
Understanding the world