What is it
Mr Bear with the fozzy woodland creatures follows Mr Bear as he journeys through the woods. Children have to carry out a range of tasks to cheer up Mr Bear and the friends they meet along the way! Among other things, children need to feed the rabbit carrots to make her happy again, but the bird’s eggs back into her nest and rebuild a bridge for the deer to get to the other side. After each mini game children are rewarded with a happy animal and an animation!
There are 21 mini games and more than 20 different forest animals. There are no time limits meaning children can enjoy the game without any stresses!
This game is specifically developed for preschoolers and toddlers.
Tested on an iPad
What our team of testers said
"The bear is the best" - Boy aged 3
"I think the bunny feeding with carrots was funny" - Girl aged 3.6
- Explores the emotions of happiness and sadness
- Encourages children to think about how actions can make people happy
- Develops children's problem solving as they need to work out what to do to make the animals happy
What our experts think
Mr Bear and the Fozzy Woodland creatures is a lovely app for preschoolers and toddlers. We really like the way there are no time limits, meaning the children can just play for fun.
The way in which the app encourages children to think about emotions and how to make the animals happy is great for making children think about actions and consequences.
The app doesn’t tell the children what they need to do, they need to work it out (it is very simple); this develops their problem solving and thinking in a fun way.
It would be even better if...
It would have been better if there had been some more interactions on each screen; young children like clicking on items on the screen.
- Brands: Banana Apps Kids
- No 3rd party adverts
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Extras for Parents: The free version only gives you access to 3 levels. You can add on 4 more levels for £1.49, or you can download the full compliment of 21 (an additional 18) for £2.99.
- Languages available: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Extras for parents: The free version only gives you access to 3 levels. You can add on 4 more levels for £1.49, or you can download the full compliment of 21 (an additional 18) for £2.99.
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 6.0 or later
- App Types: Games
- Types of skills developed:
Logic, strategy & problem solving