What is it
A world where monsters must be sent back home by correctly answering a range of maths sums. Children can choose from addition, subtraction and multiplication or even revise a particular times table. They navigate around the town answering questions correctly to avoid losing health points and beating the monsters. With each correct answer, they unlock different levels and have a choice to decide what level they want to play next.
Tested on a Kurio tablet
What our team of testers said
"I like that this helps me with my adding, taking away and multiplication but it's fun" - Girl aged 7
"The monster keeps learning maths fun" - Girl aged 8
- Enhances mathematical knowledge
- Develops number recognition
- Develops problem solving skills
What our experts think
This is a great game to help children with their maths whilst having fun. The operations and sums are laid out as they are taught in British Schools and so this app links well with the National Curriculum. The various levels allow the child to be challenged and the children enjoyed the Monster theme which motivated them to play.
It would be even better if...
We would love to see division included and more questions added.
- Brands: KD Productions
- British English
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: No - all links unrestricted
- Languages available: English
- Appropriate child restricted areas? No - all links unrestricted
- Android version: Requires Android 4.0 and up
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed:
Logic, strategy & problem solving
Numeracy, counting & money