What is it
Monster Physics is a fun App which requires the children to be able to read and follow instructions; it includes an in depth tutorial and a training section which teaches the player how to use the many features.
Players work through a range of missions (tailored to their ability) which involve adapting and building ‘inventions.’ Once built creations can then be operated in real time players can drive a car, operate a crane, fly a helicopter and much, much more!
Tested on an iPad
What our team of testers said
"This is so much fun I love this app!" - Boy aged 9
"I like science...look what I've made!" - Girl aged 10
- Lets children experiment with forces and motion
- Practise following instructions
- Develops problem solving skills
What our experts think
Before embarking on the missions children will need to work through the tutorial and training sections following the instructions carefully. They will need to use their scientific knowledge of forces and motion and how things work– one mission, for example, involves the player adding ice to a surface in order to reduce friction.
It would be even better if...
Parental explanations would help as some of the missions are tricky and at times it is hard to find what you need (for example, the ice can be found in the shapes 2 section.)
- Brands: FreeCloud
- British English
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes - no restrictions required
- Languages available: English
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
4.3 and up
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed:
Logic, strategy & problem solving
Memory, concentration & attention