What is it
Mickey’s Magical Math World enables children to join Mickey and friends on a mathematical space adventure. Children can help Mickey build rockets while working with shapes, practise counting skills to train robots with Minnie, use a number line to help mischievous aliens wake up Donald, problem solve with Daisy and silly sleepwalking aliens, and sort space jellies by colour and shape with Goofy and his galactic recycling machine!
The app covers the mathematical concepts of counting, adding/ subtracting, shapes, numbers and sorting.
Tested on an iPad
What our team of testers said
"It's fun shooting targets" - Boy aged 3
"I like that I learn my numbers" - Boy aged 4
"I like the space astronauts. The good aliens" - Girl aged 3 1/2
- Explores early addition and subtraction
- Practises counting forward to 10, and backward from 10
- Uses reasoning and logic to solve problems
- Encourages children to sort objects by colour and shape
What our experts think
This is a great app to provide an introduction to maths for young children. It successfully covers the basics of counting and we particularly like the way in which the app reinforces some of the number and shape concepts taught in KS1. Children can practise skills in a range of fun and engaging ways – the well known characters and animations will motivate and encourage children. We found that children as young as 3 really enjoyed this app.
It was great to see how each mathematical concept is approached in a different way, as well as the range of familiar (and well loved characters) and a range of different games.
It would be even better if...
We would have like to have seen clearer instructions for play; children had to listen to the ‘story’ part before they could play. The temptation is to click on it and move on quickly thus missing vital information!
- Brands: Disney
- Key Features:
- No 3rd party adverts
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Partly - some unrestricted links
- Extras for Parents: Their is a parents' area and the shop has a parent gate - all it asks is for an age...children may be able to work out to add an older age in order to access the features!
- Languages available:
- Extras for parents: Their is a parents' area and the shop has a parent gate - all it asks is for an age...children may be able to work out to add an older age in order to access the features!
- Apple version: iPad
iOS 7.0 or later
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed: Art & design
Numeracy, counting & money