What is it
Maths 4-6 is designed to develop early maths skills, while keeping your child absorbed and happy for hours. This has such a range of great activities! It is a super app with a great virtual teacher to guide the children through the tasks which cover everything from basic number work to sequences, position and direction, fractions, shapes, mathematical language, division and more!
Tested on an iPad
What our team of testers said
"It's funny but interesting" - Girl aged 5
- Develops a range of mathematical concepts
- Encourages children to listen and apply what they have learnt
What our experts think
We like the clear instructions and the way children can have something repeated. The app is clearly linked to the Numeracy objectives which children will be learning in KS1 and KS2; there are lots of activities.
It would be even better if...
It would be better if there was a a little less talk in some of the activities – children learn through doing and need lots of practical experiences in order to embed a concept.
- Brands: EuroTalk
- Key Features:
- British English
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes - no restrictions required
- Languages available: English, Basque, Catalan, Chichewa, Croatian, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Malay, Marathi, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yoruba
- Appropriate child restricted areas? Yes - no restrictions required
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 5.0 or later
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed: Cognitive
Colour, shape and pattern recognition
Numeracy, counting & money
Space and measure
Telling the time and date