What is it
Learn to write your numbers with Magic Numbers. Explore a magical world and cast number spells by writing the numbers 1 to 10. The wizard is trying to ‘magic up’ a special present for the king, but when his spells go wrong you have to step in and use ‘number spells’ to make everything normal again. Each time the wizard causes chaos you practice more and more numbers!
Tested on an Android tablet
What our team of testers said
"Look at all the frogs! I like the frogs!" - Boy aged 3
"That's number 10! I can write a number 10 look!" - Girl aged 4
- Encourages children to practise counting
- Helps children learn number shapes by tracing
- Teaches children numbers from 1-10
What our experts think
Children loved the wizard theme – they found the frogs very funny! The app tells children how to trace the shape of the number, and gives them dots to follow. At this age children are learning to count from 1-20 and the app encourages them to practise this skill.
It would be even better if...
There is no ‘end’ to the game, so children didn’t feel rewarded for their efforts. The tracing also requires children to be very accurate, otherwise their answer is considered wrong, which could put children off who are just starting out.
- Brands: Robb Research Ltd
- Key Features:
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes - no restrictions required
- Languages available:
- Android version: Android 2.3.3
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed: Cognitive
Fine motor skills
Numeracy, counting & money
Physical & motor skills