What is it
In the Madagascar Math Ops children will need to help the much loved Madagascar character. Alex, Marty, Melman and Gloria are in trouble and need your child, and the Penguins, to save the day! Your child will help Skipper, Kowalski, Private, and Rico as they embark on a wild mathematical covert operation to free their friends from the enemy agents! They will have to use their mathematical skills in all 4 operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.)
The app uses intuitive, simple gameplay as children race to rescue the Madagascar gang. Your child will need to solve mathematical problems and use then use their special jetpack abilities to finish every level.
Tested on an iPad
What our team of testers said
"It was fun" - Boy aged 9
"It's like Madagascar but you learn maths...it's great" - Boy aged 7
- Encourages children to work out mathematical sums mentally
- Gives opportunities to practise their skills in using the 4 basic operations (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication)
- Enables children to spot correct and incorrect answers to number sentences
What our experts think
A well animated app which uses much loved characters from a children’s film to develop children’s mathematical skills in the 4 basic operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.) We liked the fact that children had to complete the mathematical challenges before they were able to move on to the mini game. Children had to identify the correct answers to the mathematical sums; they could do this in one of two ways: by working out the answers to each number sentence, or by using what they know about the numbers (e.g. I know that if a number is multiplied by 5 the answer always ends in a 5 or a 0, I therefore know that 31 x 5 cannot be 158.)
It would be even better if...
The parent gate is too simple and any child who can read can access the restricted areas; as this app is aimed at older children the parent gate needs to be sufficient in restricting their access.
- Brands: Knowledge Adventure
- Key Features:
- No 3rd party adverts
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Extras for Parents: The parent gate is very simple and any child who can read will be able to access the restricted areas.
- Languages available:
- Extras for parents: The parent gate is very simple and any child who can read will be able to access the restricted areas.
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
4.3 or later
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed: Cognitive