What is it
Enter a two-player tournament in the mystical land of Wizards, where everything’s a battle of wits: cast spells and capture the enchanted Nogs by using strategy, prediction, and focus!
- Choose your favorite character from a cast of 7 unique wizards
- Enter in a fun two-player magic duel with friends or family
- Examine the Nogs and be the first to capture the match
- Use special hidden tricks to cast spells on your opponent
- Build a winning strategy and become the Wittiest Wizard in the Wood!
Take your wand and let the training begin!
What our team of testers said
"Yes! I Got it!" - Boy aged 4
"Ooh that's good isn't it." (using enchantments) - Boy aged 4
- Encourages social skills
- Helps practise comparison skills
- Can develop strategic thinking
What our experts think
It’s great to see an app that gets children playing together – particularly at this age, learning social skills (like talking to each other, and winning or losing) are really important. The game is quite challenging, as the pictures children are matching are actually upside down. This helps them learn to mentally rotate, compare and match pictures.
Children can also use enchantments to make the game easier for themselves or more difficult for their opponent. This helps them learn to use strategy in order to win.
It would be even better if...
Younger children didn’t understand that they needed to share the screen, and tap only on their half of the screen, so they might need help to get started.
In the Magic School we found that there was a lot of information given to children at once, so they didn’t seem to take it all in.
We also thought it was a bit strange that some of the enchantments cover up the Nogs that the casting player is trying to match with – so it actually makes it more difficult for them as well!
- Brands: Lipa Learning
- Key Features:
- No 3rd party adverts
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Languages available: English, Czech, French, German, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 6.1 or later
- Android version: 4.0 and up
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed: Categorisation & comparison
Colour, shape and pattern recognition
Logic, strategy & problem solving
Memory, concentration & attention
Personal, social & emotional development
Teamwork, turn taking & sharing