What is it
The Land of Me is a beautiful app where children encounter an enchanting cast of loveable characters. Join Eric the raccoon, Buddy Boo the bear and Willow the owl on an epic journey through your child’s imagination.
On this journey, children can conduct their very own animal band. There are 3 catchy songs that Bernard the Crocodile likes to sing. The children can choose who the song is about, as well as its style and tempo. When the song is playing, the children can also control the animal band, turning them on and off to create the music. This app is beautifully illustrated and is kept simple to keep little ones engaged with the stories.
What our team of testers said
"They are just singing, I like this" - Boy aged 4
"Look,I can move like the crab" - Boy aged 3
- Explore musical creativity
- Encourages decision making
- Encourages offline physical activities (e.g move like a crab)
What our experts think
The land of me songs and rhymes is a lovely app to introduce children to music. We were pleased to see how it encouraged children’s understanding of the component parts of music. The children understood the different animals were playing different instruments. It encouraged them to experiment with music such as changing the tempo. We loved the fact that the information section challenged children, particularly to do offline activities.
It would be even better if...
The app was extended to develop wider musical skills and knowledge and provide more for older children.
- British English
- Made in the UK
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes - no restrictions required
- Languages available: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Apple version: iPad
Requires iOS 4.3 or later
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed:
Listening and attention
Speech, language and communication skills