What is it
This app allows children to draw, customize and decorate their own vehicles.
- Choose a template to colour in
- Use a range of tyres and stickers to decorate the car
- Then test the car out on 15 different fun-filled physical roads
Cars can be saved and played with again and again!
Tested on an iPad
What our team of testers said
"It has to be black and white." (painting car) - Girl aged 4
"It's bumpy." (driving) - Boy aged 4
- Encourages creativity and design
- Supports planning and problem solving skills
- Lets children experience physics and speed
What our experts think
Children really enjoyed designing their cars – the animal stickers were particularly popular! This is great for creativity.
The roads children test their cars on feature all sorts of ramps, towers and more, and there was a lot of giggling as children watched their car fly about the screen or knock giant objects over. Children loved experimenting with the random effects, from the speed of their car going up or down ramps, to seeing what happened if they drove into a ball.
You could really see the children thinking about how to navigate around obstacles, supporting their problem solving and planning skills.
It would be even better if...
Some children had trouble understanding that they had to hold their finger down on the right/left side of the screen to move the car, possibly because the control arrows do not stay on screen.
The cars sometimes got stuck upside down too, with no way to reset them, which children found really frustrating.
- Brands: Labo Lado Inc.
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Languages available: English, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Apple version: iPad
Requires iOS 6.0 or later
- Android version: 2.3.3 and up
- App Types: Games
- Types of skills developed:
Art & design
Fine motor skills
Logic, strategy & problem solving
Memory, concentration & attention
Physical & motor skills
Understanding the world