What is it
Get ready to KART in this 3D racing game! Will you be the next KING OF KARTS?
Feel the rush and enjoy the fun:
- 6 racecar drivers to choose from
- 8 different racetracks
- 9 power-up items (water bomb, rubber ball, energy burst, item bomb, boxing glove, crayon, homing missile, autopilot, boost)
- Cups: Compete in racing series and earn cool rewards.
- Single Match: Keep racing your favorite track – with friends or on your own.
- Time Trial: Have you perfected your technique? Can you master the drift round the bend? Do you feel invincible? Show them how it’s done!
- The ultimate challenge: With each level the game becomes faster and your opponents stronger!
- 4 difficulty levels: 50 kW, 100 kW, 150 kW, 200 kW
- Compete with up to 6 players via a local network, with each player playing on their own device.
- Race and battle with friends and family in cups or individual races.
- Earn stars on each racetrack
- Win trophies in each cup and unlock new speeds
- Increase your skill level and earn points with each race!
What our team of testers said
"Eeek, I'm in the water!" - Girl aged 7
"Beat that!" - Boy aged 9 to friend
- Develops concentration
- Encourages planning and reaction skills
- Multiplayer mode allows friendly competition
What our experts think
King of Karts was really popular with our testers, who got really excited about the game and were very eager to win! The game requires focus and planning so that children don’t crash their kart. Multiplayer mode can encourage children to learn about friendly competition.
It would be even better if...
The controls were a little tricky to get the hang of, particularly as the kart continues going forward on it’s own, making reversing out of a corner difficult. The on-screen controls are quite awkward (e.g. hard to use a power up and steer at the same time), but this can be changed to turning the screen in the settings area.
We also had some occasional problems with the loading screen freezing.
- Brands: Wonderkind GmbH
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Languages available: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 7.1 or later
- Android version: 4.1 and up
- App Types: Games
- Types of skills developed:
Memory, concentration & attention
Physical & motor skills
Timing and reactions