What is it
Now kids can build vocabulary anywhere, anytime, all while having fun. Kids’ Vocab includes nine games designed to help understand words rather than just memorise them. Each lesson features new words and phrases while teaching spelling, usage and pronunciation.
- hand-illustrated image library and spoken audio clips
- 350 essential vocabulary words and phrases to master
- additional quests and challenges to keep kids motivated
What our team of testers said
"Heliocentric! Told you!" - Boy aged 10
"Intense." - Boy aged 10
- Builds vocabulary
- Great practise for a wide range of topics, including Science and Geography
- Time pressure encourages children to think fast!
What our experts think
Kids’ Vocab is a fantastic learning game that covers vocabulary from a wide range of topics. Our testers loved the challenge of the games, trying to beat their own scores and the scores of others; this, along with the quests and rewards, is a great way to get children to keep practising. The time pressure added excitement and made the games even more tricky!
We love that the words are not just memorised, but shown in various contexts so children can learn their meaning. The correct answer is shown straight away, so children are encouraged when they get the answer right, or can learn the right answer. The games keep going even if they get something wrong which helps promote perseverance.
It would be even better if...
Children missed some non-critical features, including the Lesson review in the top right (which has an explanation of all of the vocabulary being covered in that lesson) and changing topic by going to ‘Lessons’.
- Brands: MindSnacks
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Languages available:
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 7.1 or later
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed:
Animals & Sealife
Computing and Technology
Memory, concentration & attention
People and communities
Personal, social & emotional development
Physical & motor skills
Speech, language and communication skills
Understanding the world
Working under time pressure