What is it
A collection of fun and educational puzzles for preschoolers.
- 18 fruits and vegetables puzzles
- 12 picture jigsaw puzzles (choose 6, 9 or 12 pieces)
- Drag and drop shape sorter
- Drag and drop number sorter
What our team of testers said
"Three is there." - Girl aged 4
"Look it's a chicky! Tweet tweet." - Boy aged 3
- Encourages logical thinking and problem solving
- Gets children practising shape and number recognition
- Develops hand-eye coordination
What our experts think
This is a nice simple app and just the right level of difficulty for preschoolers. They loved the challenge of completing the various jigsaw puzzles and you could really see them thinking hard, but they were also able to work the answer out by themselves which is great for independent learning. We like that the number of pieces in the jigsaw puzzles can be changed, so the games can be changed to suit different levels of ability as well as encourage progression through harder levels.
The themes used were also really good for encouraging recognition of shapes, numbers and fruit, and our testers loved naming each one as they worked on the puzzles. This is a great way to test their knowledge and promotes discussion around the topics, such as asking children which number is the biggest or smallest. The app also names the objects and numbers out loud, reinforcing learning.
It would be even better if...
It would have been nice to see something more interesting when puzzles were finished, such as an animation, which may have made the games more exciting for children.
- Brands: Milen Kirkov
- Key Features:
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Languages available:
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later
- Android version: 4.0 and up
- App Types: Games
- Types of skills developed: Cognitive
Colour, shape and pattern recognition
Fine motor skills
Logic, strategy & problem solving
Memory, concentration & attention
Numeracy, counting & money
Physical & motor skills
Speech, language and communication skills