What is it
Jolly Phonics Lettersounds is provided by Jolly Learning – the independent British publisher who lead the teaching of phonics around the world, specialising in phonics products since 1987.
This app gradually introduces the main 42 letter sounds in English to your children as they explore the enchanting letter-sounds garden. Join Bee and her friends in a series of games to teach letter sounds (including digraphs), letter formation, blending the sounds for reading and identifying letter sounds in words for spelling and writing. A wonderful introduction to learning to read and write for your child.
• Suitable for children aged 3+
• Choice of British or American English Audio
• Choice of print or precursive letters
• Allows multiple and personalised profiles
• 7 bonus games to unlock
• Guidance for adults provided
What our team of testers said
"I've never heard him blend sounds before - he just got that one right!" - Mother of boy aged 3
"Yey, I got it right!" (drawing the letter 'a') - Girl, aged 3
- Teaches letter sounds (including digraphs)
- Encourages correct written letter formation
- Develops ability to blend sounds for reading
- Helps children learn to identify letter sounds
What our experts think
This app is truly exceptional in how it helps children to learn the basics of phonics, letter sounds, blending, letter identification and beyond. It is entirely in line with the British national curriculum – which is not surprising since it is provided by Jolly Learning, the leader in phonics based learning products.
We were so pleased to see such a developmentally valuable app that the children enjoyed playing. It allowed children to progress at their own pace and developed with them.
It would be even better if...
We’d love to see a few additional to make this app even more fun and so encourage children to keep coming back.
- Brands: Jolly Learning
- Key Features:
- British English
- Made in the UK
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Languages available: British English, American English
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed: English
Learning to read
Learning to write
Speech, language and communication skills