What is it
A varied app providing a range of mini-games relating to bugs including a range of mini-games: catching fireflies, spelling words, finding pairs of bugs, building a spiders web, finding the bugs on Grandma, colouring a bug, looking at a bug through a magnifying glass, matching letters (upper and lower case), identifying which jar has the right number of bugs, spot the difference, identifying the bug, and feeding a baby bird.
What our team of testers said
"I caught the bugs, look" - Boy aged 4
"The smallest one is that one - great!" - Girl aged 4
- Nature awareness (e.g. bug identification, bug anatomy, bug behavior, bugs as food for birds)
- Develops maths skills including number recognition, comparing quantities and counting
- Helps to teach letter recognition and basic spelling (from letter names not letter sounds)
What our experts think
This is a fabulous app for developing a wide range of cognitive and language skills. From learning about bugs and bug anatomy through to learning number and letter recognition. This is one of the best apps we’ve tested in terms of the range of skills it covers and the kids love it.
It would be even better if...
We’d love to see a few more hints and tips appearing if the child hesitates to help them understand what to do.
- Brands: Fairlady Media
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Languages available:
- Appropriate child restricted areas? Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Apple version: iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 5.1 or later
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed:
Categorisation & comparison
Colour, shape and pattern recognition
Learning to read
Logic, strategy & problem solving
Memory, concentration & attention
Numeracy, counting & money
Speech, language and communication skills