What is it
Fiete match takes the traditional pairs matching game and gives it a twist!
Children can challenge Fiete the sailor in a selection of games and puzzles. Fiete acts just like a real opponent would – his face shows exactly how is feeling when he wins a pair (or loses one!).
There are six different matching games within the app: there is a straight forward animal matching one and a nautical flag version; one where you have to match the landmarks from around the world; a vehicle one where you have to find the logical relationship between the pairs; and a calculation one where you have to match the sum with the answer.
Tested on an iPad
What our team of testers said
"This is fun" - Girl aged 6
"This is tricky......but fun" - Girl aged 8
"Yes!!! I knew it was there!" - Boy aged 7
- Practises addition
- Encourages children to use logic
- Develops memory encouraging children to concentrate and remember
What our experts think
Fiete Match gives the traditional memory game of pairs a new slant. We love the way the app encourages children to use different skills when finding the pairs; it is not just about memory! Children have to not only remember where the pairs are, but they also need to solve addition sums and find connections between items.
We really liked the presentation of the app; the lighthouse was a lovely home screen and the way in which Fiete showed his emotions was great!
The fact that you can change the level is a very useful addition as it means the app can be pitched appropriately for each individual child.
It would be even better if...
We would have liked it if the changing of the levels and sounds were also part of the parent lock – the app is aimed at young children who would not necessarily understand this element.
- Brands: Ahoiii Entertainment
- British English
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Languages available: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later
- Android version: 2.2 and up
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed:
Logic, strategy & problem solving
Memory, concentration & attention