What is it
Are you ready for class?
Let your imagination run wild in Dr. Panda School! Create and tell your very own stories through exploring and role playing with the school, students and any objects you discover along the way. Tell your story as a teacher, student, cook or even a janitor! Choose who you would like to be by customising the animal characters with clothes, hats, glasses and more. Discover all the different rooms in Dr. Panda School – make clay sculptures in the art class, grow your own crops in the playground, take care of Hambo the hamster or teach math in the classroom – there are tons of ways to play!
- explore school surroundings through creative role-play
- 19 child and adult animals, so you can play as student, teacher, or parent!
- 5 locations to discover: the hallway, classroom, art room, school yard and the cafeteria!
- don’t forget to feed Hambo the hamster!
- tons of secret objects to find!
- no set goals or objectives. Free to discover through absolute open-ended play!
What our team of testers said
"I love this." - Boy aged 4 (with ASD)
"Get them in the suits." (in the workshop) - Girl aged 3
- Loads of surprises to discover - great for curiosity!
- Encourages imaginative and creative play
- Helps children learn about school
What our experts think
Children loved the many surprises they came across as they explored Dr Panda’s school! Almost everything they tapped could be interacted with in some way – from giving objects to the characters, growing food in the garden, to drawing on the blackboard. This is ideal for curious little minds and really gave them the chance to learn about the school environment. It also encourages imaginative play, which is great for creativity.
It would be even better if...
Children had a few problems using this app, in particular at the beginning when they didn’t realise they could swipe to enter the school – they might need to be shown this so they don’t miss the whole game! The navigation is a bit tricky too so children might need some help to start with, but we found once they knew what to do they were fine.
- Brands: Dr. Panda
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Languages available: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 6.0 or later
- Android version: 4.0 and up
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed:
Art & design
Personal, social & emotional development
Understanding the world