What is it
Children can show off their culinary creativity and impress the hungry diners; players get rewarded and progress to become a real master chef! Cook up some crazy food combinations or sneak a few extra chilies on their pizza and share some giggles as they gobble it all up. Raid the refrigerator to collect your ingredients and begin preparing your favourite foods: chop, bake, fry or BBQ, add condiments to customise and serve a perfect culinary creation.
Players can manage their own restaurant, welcome hungry diners and introduce them to their delicious menu. Find the dish that’s right for them, serve their order as they wanted and earn coins for making customers happy!
- Over 20 ingredients and condiments to choose from
- Make burgers, pizza, pasta and more
- Be rewarded and level up for your culinary talent
- Master all the different kitchen tools
- Play at your own pace with no time limits
- COPPA compliant
What our team of testers said
"I like the washing up part." - Girl aged 4
"I like following the recipes." - Girl aged 8
- Promotes imaginative play and storytelling
- Teaches children to follow instructions
- Encourages discussion about cooking and nutrition
What our experts think
This app is packed with fun things for children to discover. Our testers enjoyed the way in which they could engage in the different elements of cooking, including the washing up, which proved very popular! This imaginative play is great for promoting creativity, storytelling and children’s understanding of the routines in restaurants. The app was just the right level of difficulty and the coin rewards in return for completing tasks encouraged children to keep playing.
We liked the fact that the players had to follow recipes and use cooking techniques – so as well as having fun, children were also being exposed to the basics of cooking. The children enjoyed this level of depth asked lots of questions as a result; the app could therefore be used as a stepping stone to actual cooking, and to foster an interest in food. Parents should know that in the free version of this app, there is the option to buy additional kitchen equipment – this is available as an in-app purchase, or by purchasing the ‘unlock all content’ option when the app is first downloaded.
- Brands: Dr. Panda
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes - no restrictions required
- Languages available: Brazilian Portuguese, Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Android version: Android 4.1
- App Types: Games
- Types of skills developed:
Food & nutrition
Personal, social & emotional development
Speech, language and communication skills
Understanding the world