What is it
Be a mailman and deliver mail as you explore a huge, interactive world!
Take hold of the handlebars and get ready to ride in Dr Panda Mailman! Explore a world filled with mountains, houses, rivers, forests and more as you deliver mail to over 10 animals—all with their own unique personalities! Create your own postcards, make sure the packages are wrapped up, and bring them wherever they need to go!
- 4 big areas to discover—Mountain, Village, Forest and Fields
- Over 10 animals, all with unique behaviours, habits and schedules!
- Tons of interactive events- push boxes into a roaring river, make ducks fly away as you drive towards them, do tricks over ramps and more!
- Paint your own postcards and make your own packages!
- No rules, points or timers! Explore however you’d like, go off the beaten path and explore!
- A huge world with no load times!
What our team of testers said
"I'm just going to colour in this bit." (making postcard) - Girl aged 4
"Go to a pond and you go splash!" (directing friend around the map) - Boy aged 4
- Children can get creative by drawing postcards and making parcels
- Cycling around helps with fine motor control and promotes curiosity
- Develops an understanding of how the postal service works
What our experts think
Children loved having the freedom to explore and create in Dr. Panda’s Mailman, which is great for encouraging imaginative play. They loved drawing on the postcards and it was great to see that this encouraged some children to practise their writing skills.
Guiding Dr. Panda around on his bike was popular as well – the effects such as crashing into things or splashing through puddles got lots of giggles. This also challenged children’s fine motor skills, in order for them to cycle along the right path.
Helping out at the post office – packing the items, adding the stamps, and delivering the post – helps children’s understanding of the world too, as they learn a bit about how the postal service works.
It would be even better if...
Some children didn’t understand that they needed to cycle to the correct character’s house (by following the signs) to deliver the parcel, but this didn’t really get in the way of them enjoying the game.
- Brands: Dr. Panda
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Languages available: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 6.0 or later
- Android version: 4.0 an up
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed:
Art & design
Fine motor skills
People and communities
Personal, social & emotional development
Physical & motor skills
Understanding the world