What is it
Domi Domi number is an app that aims to familiarise children with numbers and quantity from 1 to 10. They can count along, trace numbers and interact with the Domi Domi Numbers creatures in a range of activities:
- packing according to the list
- counting along up to 10
- tapping objects to count up to 10
- matching number and quantity
- matching quantity and number
- number tracing
Within the app there are six adventure locations and six types of activities. The difficulty of the app can be changed to suit the needs of the individual child.
What our team of testers said
"Can I play the numbers game again mummy?" - Girl aged 3
"I am good at counting!" - Boy aged 2
- Helps children recognise and count the numbers from 1 to 10
- Gets children to practise number shapes and tracing
- Teaches children about quantities
What our experts think
We really liked the simple, child friendly style of Domi Domi numbers. The app is engaging for young children and the characters are very appealing! The simple rewards children achieved delighted our little testers too.
The links made between the written number, the spoken number and the quantity was good and there was lots of reinforcement. We also found the different levels were a good addition, and the ability to change the settings means that children can learn numbers in other languages too!
It would be even better if...
Children found the game a bit repetitive after a while, and the instructions weren’t always clear. It would also be good to have a British English option for the voice.
- Brands: YELLOW DOT Sp. z o.o. Sp. K.
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes - no restrictions required
- Languages available: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed:
Fine motor skills
Numeracy, counting & money
Physical & motor skills
Speech, language and communication skills