What is it
Bubl Draw creates unique music from every child’s painting.
Using a selection of colours, children can draw lines and shapes, then tap on them to make different sounds and pieces of music. They can even choose between different genres – is their painting cool and jazzy, or crazy and electric?
What our team of testers said
"Hehe!" (when the music played) - Girl aged 4
"They liked experimenting with the different sounds and effects they could make." - Observer
- Encourages creativity
- Develops fine motor control
- Lets children experiment with different sounds
What our experts think
Children liked hearing the different sounds and seeing the effects when they tapped and moved the paint, which is great for creativity. Creative skills are useful for flexible thinking and problem solving, and allow children to express themselves. Drawing the lines and shapes is also good for their fine motor control, which contributes to learning to write.
It would be even better if...
Some of the children were put off playing because they couldn’t use the app very easily – an adult needed to guide them to the menu at the bottom for choosing paints, changing music genres, and clearing the canvas to start a new image.
- Brands: BUBL GmbH
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Languages available: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 6.0 or later
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed:
Art & design
Colour, shape and pattern recognition
Fine motor skills
Physical & motor skills