What is it
Let your little ones explore city life with its many vehicles and surroundings. Meet the funny animal characters and learn about vehicles in the street, the sky and the subway.
Big City Vehicles is full of games and fun surprises to learn about vehicles:
- Repair a car in the kangaroo garage
- Mix cement and construct a concrete ramp
- Help the polar bear serve ice cream with yummy toppings
- Help the firemen put out the fire
- Help the sanitary workers to move trash into the garbage truck
- Assist the paramedics in the ambulance
- Shovel rocks with the bulldozer
- Assist the mailman with packages and letters
- Assist the electric company workers by handing them tools
- Help the farmer in the tractor to sort fruits and veggies
- Sort yummy cookies from the cookie truck
What our team of testers said
"Pop, pop, pop." (tapping the bubbles) - Girl aged 2
"Stop! Now you can go." (using the traffic lights) - Girl aged 2
- Familiarises children with a variety of vehicles
- Encourages imaginative play and curiosity
- Builds vocabulary
What our experts think
Big City Vehicles is a good way to encourage curiosity and imaginative play while children learn about a variety of different vehicles. Each one is named (although this is American English) to help build vocabulary.
We like how the extra activities help children learn more about what the vehicles do – the ice cream van was particularly popular!
It would be even better if...
It’s not clear that you can double tap the vehicles for activities (indicated by a star on the vehicle in the menu). While some activities are good, others aren’t as interactive or challenging (e.g. putting post onto the mail van).
- Brands: The Melody Book
- Key Features:
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes - no restrictions required
- Languages available: English, Hebrew, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Apple version: iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 8.0 or later
- App Types: Games
- Types of skills developed: Creativity
Fine motor skills
Physical & motor skills
Understanding the world