What is it
An interactive story of the Apollo 11 mission packed full of interactive activities and games., including take off in the Apollo XI, play with gravity and rockets in space, land and explore on the moon, all while learning about the universe, history and space travel.
What our team of testers said
"I love this app, it's so interesting" - Boy aged 5
"I like hearing the lady speak and giving us instructions" - Boy aged 5
- Teaches children the history of Apollo 11
- Helps children to understand the science of space travel
- Mini-games develop and test cognitive skills
What our experts think
A great educational app that explains the history of Apollo 11 and keeps children entertained through a series of games. The interactive story includes text, highlighted as it is read along, a feature we are always pleased to see in an interactive story as it helps support reading skills. The mini-games help to develop memory, concentration and a range of other cognitive skills whilst adding fun and keeping the young player engaged.
It would be even better if...
– there was some indication of the progress through the story and easier to jump to the mini-games within the story, some of the best mini-games are quite far through the story.
- Brands: Bean Bag Kids, Kid Bunch
- Key Features:
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Languages available: American English, Spanish
- Appropriate child restricted areas? Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Apple version: iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 5.0 or later
- App Types: Educational Apps
Interactive Books & eBooks
- Types of skills developed: Cognitive
Computing and Technology
Learning to read
Memory, concentration & attention
Speech, language and communication skills
Understanding the world