What is it
Barefoot World Atlas is a magical, interactive 3D globe that invites children to explore the regions and countries of the world, discovering hundreds of fascinating features and immersing themselves in the rich wonders of our planet. Listen to how the music changes as you travel from region to region and delve deeper to discover a wealth of facts and insights, including live data for every country from Wolfram|Alpha®.
A variety of playful puzzles are offered as an add-on, allowing children to test their knowledge of all the facts, figures and features in the app in a variety of imaginative ways.
What our team of testers said
"Hadrian's wall is in the UK." "I didn't know that." - Two boys aged 10
"Let's see where the least amount of cars are." - Girl aged 10
- Loads of historical and cultural facts to discover
- Can be used to teach Geography
- Games test children's knowledge to reinforce learning
What our experts think
Barefoot World Atlas is an amazing, interactive app for children to learn about countries and cultures across the world. Our testers really enjoyed being able to freely explore the globe, and this gave them the chance to answer their own questions (such as finding out what a country’s flag looks like). Parents and teachers can encourage further learning by posing questions, such as asking children to compare the data for different countries. We also found that while using the app, children discussed facts they already knew, or places of interest they had visited.
It would be even better if...
The restricted access (to paid content) asks the user to hold down a shape, which would be easily accessible for this age group.
- Brands: Amphio Limited
- British English
- Made in the UK
- No 3rd party adverts
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: No - all links unrestricted
- Languages available: English, French, Spanish, Catalan, Japanese, German
- Appropriate child restricted areas? No - all links unrestricted
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 8.4 or later
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed:
People and communities
Understanding the world