What is it
Avokiddo Emotions introduces three animals and their array of emotions: zany zebra, shy sheep and jolly giraffe. Discover what you can do with the range of objects dropped from above the screen whether that’s dressing up, feeding sharing toy or interacting with the animals. There are over 100 propose in total. See the emotions shown by the animals as they interact with the props and explore feelings in an open ended free style playroom.
What our team of testers said
"He looks funny with the glasses!" - Girl aged 2
"He doesn't like the loud noise" - Girl aged 4
- Inspire the imagination and creative, interactive play
- Help understand emotions, facial expressions and body language through the reactions of the animals
- Encourage curiosity through trial and error
What our experts think
Both our experts and our little pre-school testers loved this app. It was simple to use and offered endless opportunities for exploratory, imaginative play. We saw the giraffe dressed up in hats, glasses, headphones or playing the accordion. The children clearly responded to the emotions of the animals making it a wonderful app to support emotional development whether alone or, better still, with a supporting adult adding questions and feedback to further encourage understanding.
It would be even better if...
We’d love to see more suggestions for parents to encourage them to use this app to further support their child’s development.
- Brands: Avokiddo
- No 3rd party adverts
- No in-app purchasing
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Languages available:
- Appropriate child restricted areas? Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Apple version: iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 5.1 or later
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed:
Managing feelings & behaviour
Personal, social & emotional development
Social awareness & empathy