What is it
Animal Band ~ 3D Interactive Music Toy is a sweet sing-along experience for toddlers. It includes Twinkle Twinkle, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Row Your Boat, 1 2 3 4 5, Jingle Bells, and Merry Christmas all sung in an American accent with more songs available as in-app purchases. The songs are paired and set in three different places — a jungle, a boat, and a winter scene featuring a Christmas tree.
The app is interactive – you tap the animals to make them sing and dance, see what happens when you swipe but if you don’t keep playing, the band nods back to sleep!
What our team of testers said
"I like the animals...it's fun" - Boy aged 3
"The animals and music is fun" - Girl aged 3
- Nursery rhymes support development of early language skills
- Encourages listening & attention skills
- Great for parents and children to play together
- Encourages interactivity and exploration
What our experts think
Nursery rhymes are not only enjoyed by children but have been shown to encourage development of a range of skills including language and even reading skills. For example, as they are easy to repeat they often become some of a child’s first sentences. We are therefore always pleased to see good, simple nursery rhyme apps like this.
The children who tested the app really enjoyed it and the music that the animals made.
It would be even better if...
We’d love to see a British English version – Itsy Bitsy Spider just doesn’t seem quite right for us Brits, bring back Incy Wincy for us please!
Adult could sit with child and talk about tune or child can play by themselves.
- Brands: StoryToys
- No 3rd party adverts
- No internet access required for core features
- Child Restrictions: Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Languages available: American English
- Appropriate child restricted areas? Yes- appropriate features restricted
- Apple version: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
Requires iOS 5.0 or later
- Android version: Requires Android 2.3 and up
- App Types: Educational Apps
- Types of skills developed:
Physical & motor skills
Pincer grip and writing