Top Tips: Fun things to do with the Kids
July 26, 2013
- Try new things together– get out of your comfort zone and try an activity that the kids are familiar with. They will enjoy the fact that they are the expert and that you are new to it. Don’t be afraid to make a fool of yourself – it’s good for children to see that you’re not perfect as it stops them being afraid to make mistakes, it’s all about trying out new experiences and finding new things to do with the kids.
- Practice what your preach– Show them what makes you happy and get them involved in that as well as respecting that different family members will have different tastes, likes and dislikes.
- Let the kids lead -Try and get down to the kids level and let them choose the activity and be in charge for a change. Try getting into the mind of a child and you will realise how much fun can be had.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff– Try not to over react about little things such as not putting on the correct pair of socks, just try and relax and have fun.
- Look after yourself- Keep your energy up so you can keep up with your kids. Make sure you’re eating enough healthy foods and getting enough rest.
This post was written by Dr Amanda Gummer